How We Differ
Gutenberg College is:
- small (high tutor to student ratio);
- discussion-based rather than lecture-based (tutors mentor rather than tell students what to think);
- spiritually exhilarating;
- intellectually satisfying;
- personally challenging;
- morally compelling.
Gutenberg College grants freedom to:
- pursue truth wherever it leads (without fear of retribution);
- agree or disagree;
- ask any and all questions (without stigma).
- treats students like adults;
- encourages humility;
- helps students learn that intellectual gamesmanship and sophistry is destructive, arrogant, and a waste of everyone’s time;
- prepares students to engage our culture;
- provides the tools for life-long learning.