Gutenberg offers students guidance and personalized assistance as they think about their post-graduation plans. The following is a brief description of the resources available to students.
The goal of Gutenberg’s career development program is to help students do the following:
- Identify skills, personality traits, and interests;
- Identify vocations that align with the above;
- Learn best practices for pursuing vocations and education;
- Develop experience and preparation for selected vocations.
To accomplish this goal, Gutenberg provides students with services in the following broad categories:
- Vocational testing;
- Group guidance/counseling sessions;
- Individual guidance/counseling sessions;
- Skill development: skills for applying to graduate schools, internships, and employers; resume building; interview coaching; online presence;
- Access to professional job-placement services;
- Internship opportunities with course credit.